Friday, March 23, 2012

Talking Japanese.

Today I was waiting for my train with my friend and some Japanese tourists tapped my shoulder. I turned around and was already sensing what they wanted. I smiled and waited for the question. In broken English they asked if I knew they way to tram seventeen. I knew and tried to explain in english, but they didn't get it.
Throwing away my shyness, I tried to tell them in Japanese. I was kinda scared of their reaction and fiddled with the hem of my shirt. Their eyes widened and they rapidly spoke to eachother, not expecting me to start talking broken Japanese. And as if by a miracle, they understood me!

After a couple minutes of explaining where to go in half English half Japanese and a couple of "Sugoii!"'s and "Uwaa"'s they turned and walked away. My friend was looking at me as if i've grown two heads, but I couldn't be happier. I actually helped some Japanese people find their way in Japanese! I can die peacefully now :)

After the morning events I could enjoy the nice weather we had in Holland. It's not every day you can walk without your coat on and enjoy the warmth of the sun on your skin. So, overall, I had a pretty effin' good day!



Sayounara,
Esmee-chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment